When you download items for sale from VectorZine.com you are bound by the following License Terms of Agreement:
Subject to the terms and conditions herein, VectorZine.com grants you a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, non-transferable and non-sublicensable license to use and modify the File an unlimited number of times in whole or in part in the creation of an item within the scope of permitted uses (see below).
Neither Standard nor Extended License entitles you to the File’s copyright and/or intellectual property rights. All copyright and/or other intellectual property rights to the File are reserved by VectorZine.com and/or the contributor of the File.
All Files offered for sale at VectorZine.com may be purchased and downloaded under the Standard and/or Extended license. Follow these rules to choose the appropriate license:
– If the File is used to create an item NEITHER for Resale NOR for Free Distribution, the Standard License is always appropriate.
– If the File is used to create an item for Resale or for Free Distribution, the Extended License is required.
Item for Resale: An item that will be distributed to raise commercial revenue (e.g., resale of web templates, T-shirts, mugs, greeting cards, books, calendars, etc.). An item created at the request of a client is not considered an Item for Resale. However, if a client distributes or intends to distribute such an item to raise commercial revenue, it is considered an Item for Resale. While working on a project for a client, take into account the final use of the item before downloading a File to determine the appropriate license to purchase.
Item for Free Distribution: An item that will be distributed to a wide audience without raising any commercial revenue (e.g., free web templates, postcards, flyers, etc.).
Standard License is sufficient for a single use application, i.e. when you are using our resources to design something for yourself or one other person/company. Any item that will be distributed or sold to multiple people is NOT a single use application. For example: designing a site for yourself or a client is a single-use application whereas designing a theme for multiple people is a multi-use application, for which an Extended License is required.
Under the Standard License Terms of Agreement, the final product MAY NOT be distributed, sold more than once, or used by multiple people. If the product is distributed or used multiple times, please purchase the Extended License and follow the Extended License guidelines below.
Standard License Terms
1. You may use a purchased Item in a new End Product as long as the End Product meets the following requirements.
End Products must be significantly different than the original Item and require time, effort, and skill to produce. End Products must not be used or sold in a way that is directly competitive with the original Item you purchased. End Products must not redistribute the original Item to any third parties in a manner that allows for the extraction of the original Item.
For the following categories, special terms apply:
- Installable Items (Fonts and Add-Ons):
Here, an End Product must be a unique implementation of the Item. For example, you may purchase a font and use it to make unique word art, or purchase and use a brush to create an illustration, but you must not redistribute the original files in any way.
- Source Files, vector EPS, full size JPEG and PNGs:
Here, an End Product must be a unique implementation of the Item, often requiring limited copy and content changes. For example, if you purchase a vector illustration, you may use the Item for yourself or a client after creating your own work which incorporates part of the original file, but you may not resell it as stock or include the original VectorZine.com source files in your End Product.
2. A purchased Item may be used in one Project. As an exception, Installable Items may be used in an unlimited number of Projects on a one seat per license basis. A Project is defined as a complete and cohesive undertaking that may result in one or more End Products. Any End Products included in the one Project must be directly related under a single concept. However, all purchased Items may be used in an unlimited number of Personal Use Projects.
3. You may modify or manipulate the Item, or incorporate it into other content and make a derivative work from it. As between you and the VectorZine.com Owner, the Owner will retain all right, title, and ownership in the Item, and the resulting derivative work is subject to the terms of this Standard License.
4. You may not sublicense, resell, share, transfer, or otherwise redistribute the Item (e.g. as stock, in a tool or template, with source files, and/or not incorporated into an End Product) under any circumstances, not even for free.
5. You may not make the Item available on a digital asset management system, shared drive, or the like for the purposes of sharing or transferring the Item, and you must not permit an end user of the end product to extract the Item and use it separately from the End Product.
6. You may use purchased Items in TV, films, streaming video, on demand broadcasts, and/or online videos for up to 10,000 views per month. For anything over 10,000 monthly views, please purchase the Extended License or contact VectorZine.com directly in order to inquire about further rights options.
7. You may not publicly display the Item: (a) as a standalone file in any digital format on the internet; or (b) in any digital format without imposing technical or written restrictions to prevent the unauthorized use of the Item by third parties. You agree to take all commercially reasonable steps to prevent third parties from accessing and/or duplicating the Item. If you become aware of any unauthorized duplication of any Item please notify us using our Contact Form.
8. You may not use any Item in a way that violates the Agreement including, without limitation, in a manner that infringes any third party’s trademark or other intellectual property, or would give rise to a claim of deceptive advertising or unfair competition. Items that contain digital images of real products, trademarks or other intellectual property owned by third parties may require clearance from the rights owner. It is your responsibility to consider whether your use of these Items requires a clearance and if so, to obtain that clearance from the rights owner.
9. You may not register as a trademark the Item or the end product incorporating the Item – not even logos. If you use the Item to create a logo for yourself or a client, keep in mind that third parties can use the Item too, even in another logo.
10. You may not use any Item if that use could result in a third party’s claim that it acquired rights in the Item that are contrary to this license. Upon the VectorZine Owner’s request, you shall immediately remove the Item from any unauthorized location or use, including an unauthorized social media platform or website.
11. You may not falsely represent, expressly or by way of reasonable implication, that any Item was created by you or a person other than the copyright holder of that Item.
12. You may not use Item(s) containing models and/or property in a manner that is unlawful, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, deceptive, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, harassing, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libelous, obscene, threatening, profane, or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual, or is otherwise objectionable.
The Extended License is required when you intend the final product to be distributed, sold, or used by multiple people/companies. This includes graphic resources, vector illustrations, raster files or other items that will be used for creation of Items for Resale or used by more than one person or company.
1. The Extended License allows you to use Items in any manner permitted under the Standard License, and pursuant to the obligations and restrictions therein; and
2. You may also use Items purchased under the Extended License to create End Products for Sale, in which the End Product for Sale may be sold an unlimited number of times.
Under the Extended License Terms of Agreement:
1. You MAY NOT resell or redistribute our Items by themselves: they must be a part of a larger product or application that is sold on its own merits. Any VectorZine.com items that are included must be a part of the greater whole.
2. You MAY NOT include any of the original source files in the item for resale or redistribution. For example, you may not include the EPS file or PSD from a user interface kit in an application that was created using that kit. You may not include VectorZine.com source files in any usage application.